If you need residential care later in life, you will have to pay the cost from your own money if you have a house and savings worth more than £23,250, This can mean that you will not be able to leave as much money as you had hoped to your children.

If you are a couple who own your home jointly, you can set up your Wills so that at least half the value of your house is preserved for the benefit of your children even if one of you needs care and in many cases nearly all the value of your house can be preserved.

Individual circumstances differ and you need to talk to us to find out whether a Care Home Fees Protection Will can work for you. This can only be set up for couples while both spouses or partners are still alive; we regret that it does not work if you are single, divorced or widowed.

For further information and advice please contact our City Centre office.